Ken Puddicombe’s first calling was in the Accounting profession. He’s a Professional Accountant [CPA,CMA] who provided controllership for a number of companies in the private sector before he retired to pursue his love of writing. His hobbies includes travelling and he is slowly covering all five continents, having already travelled to South East Asia, South America, and Europe. He considers himself a people watcher watcher and loves to observe all aspects of the human psyche. His writing has appeared in newspapers and literary journals. Originally from British Guiana [now Guyana] in South America, he immigrated to Canada in 1971 and still lives there with his family. Racing With The Rain, his first novel and is set in British Guiana, Cuba, Canada and Guyana was published in 2012. His second novel Juntawas published in 2014 and is set in the fictional island of Saint Anglia where the military stages a coup. His collection of short stories Down Independence Boulevardis due for release in early 2017. His genre is fiction, based on international locations but especially focussed in Canada, the Caribbean and Guyana.
- Family Album [The Toronto Review Of Contemporary Writing]
- Grandfather’s Garden Of Earthly Delights [Wasafiri (UK)]
- Jack Of All Trades [The Fiddlehead]
- Underground, The [Polaris Magazine 2ndprize]
- Articles in the Toronto Star and The Globe And Mail
- Interview, The [Adelaide Literary Magazine]
- RACING WITH THE RAIN (2012) a novel set in British Guiana, Cuba and Guyana. Published by MiddleRoad Publishers.
- JUNTA (2014) a novel set in Saint Anglia, West Indies. Published by MiddleRoad Publishers.
- DOWN INDEPENDENCE BOULEVARD (2017) a collection of short stories, published and unpublished, by MiddleRoad Publishers.
- UNFATHOMABLE AND OTHER POEMS (2020) Ken's first collection of poems.
FOLLOW KEN'S BLOG
Translate This Page